Saturday 17 May 2008

Badge Loot Comparison

This post will look at the new healing badge gear that's available for me to buy. As I've been away since before patch 2.4 hit I never really thought about what badges to get. So when I logged yesterday the vendor was already unlocked and I had 165 badges burning a hole in my Traveler's Backpack. So here's the list of what gear I currently have compared to the badge loot.

Boots of the Incorrupt vs Slippers of Dutiful Mending
+4 Stamina
+1 Intellect
+11 Spirit
+1 red socket
+2 Spirit socket bonus
+29 Healing
-8 mana per 5 seconds (mp5)
Cost: 65 Badges

Trousers of the Incarnate
vs Adorned Supernal Legwraps
-12 stam
+3 Intellet
+6 Spirit
+1 Blue socket
+1 Red scoket
+4 Stamina socket bonus
+26 Healing
Cost: 100 Badges

Robes of Heavenly Purpose vs Gown of Spiritual Wonder
+15 Stamina
+12 Intellect
-5 Spirit
+1 Red Socket
+2 Spirit Socket Bonus
-1 Yellow Socket
-2 Blue Sockets
-9 Healing Socket Bonus
+17 Healing
Cost: 100 Badges

Vindicator's Band of Salvation vs Anveena's Touch
-7 Stamina
-1 Intellect
-22 Resilience
+15 Healing
+5 mp5
Cost: 60 Badges

Ethereum Life-Staff vs Gavel of Naaru Blessings (and Talisman of the Sun King)
+ 17 Stamina
+ 10 Intellect
- 62 Spirit
+ 108 Healing
+ 6 mp5
Cost: 150 Badges

I decided to go with buying the boots first, which are possiably the biggest upgrade that I can afford (the legs are better but I have limited funds for an enchant and gems). I also brought the ring because it gives me a nice boost to my mp5 which I lost on the boots and a bit more healing. I'll be working my way through getting all of these except maybe the Gavel of Naaru Blessings because of the huge spirit nurf that I would take. I have 20 badges left so it'll be a while before I can afford the next item!

My return to WOW last night went well I've got lots of screenshots that I'll share with you in a later post. Here's one to wet the appitite!

My return to WOW first takes me to an old enemy