Sunday 11 May 2008

My First Guild Application

I've been running guilds for so long in WOW now that I can't remember the last time I applied to join a guild simply because I haven't needed too. I did join a guild after my level 60 guild Final Formation fell apart a few months after TBC was released, but I didn't have to apply to join them they just took me on my word. This got me thinking I've read literally hundreds of applications over the years but never had to have to fill one out myself. So I took careful time writing it making sure everything was answered and made sense. I know Skathyn GM of Khaos Dragons in real life but to keep his other officers happy I applied because they don't know me, even if he does. Their recruitment is closed so I'm really hoping that I get in I've bigged myself up as much as possible! You can see the application here.

I've decided to move my return to playing WOW again forward a bit, I'm hoping to start up again on Friday the 16th which is less than a week away now and I'm excited! I've applied early so hopefully (assuming I get accepted) I'll be raid with them on Sunday also it gives them a chance to ask me any questions, they haven't done yet but I've had a couple of there members give me the thumbs up so that's a good thing! If I don't get in it's not the end of the world I'll just have to look elsewhere or will more likely just lay low until Wrath of the Lich King (WOTLK) comes out. The guild isn't as far progressed as my previous guild but given another month or so I think they'll be caught up. They are currently 2/4 TK and trying to add a third night of 25 man raiding to there schedule so hopefully I'll get some good raids out of them!

I've started looking at the new badge loot that's available properly now comparing it to my current gear, trying to decide which gear is worth getting and it looks like a lot of the gear is well worth it. I currently have about 150 badges so I'll probably end up getting 1 or 2 items at a push. In my next post I'll talk about the comparison and work out which items would be the biggest upgrade so I can decide which to buy first.

Blackrock Mountain - March 10th 2008 (3 days before my last login on WOW)